One challenge that herbalists have is creating medicines that are both effective AND taste great. We have perfected methods of extracting natural and beneficial flavorings into formulas that people will love to take!
This herbal workshop will focus on transforming your formulas into delicious and powerful medicine. We’ll cover several different extraction processes that you can use as bases to add to your tinctures and glycerites, with herbs that we send to you.
Students will learn:
- Two different hands-on techniques for creating flavor bases
- How to match flavors with different herbs to get optimal results
- Techniques for working with bitter formulations
- A materia medica of chosen herbal flavorings for medicinal benefits
- An Apothecarist Recipe Log with pdf handouts of ideas to try out!
All preparations we make in this workshop are designed to be made in the home kitchen. Students will need basic kitchen gear like a saucepan/heat source, spoons, bowls, storing jars for the preparations, cheesecloth, strainers, etc. In addition, students will need to provide their own alcohol, honey or vegetable glycerine for making the flavoring bases. We will send out a packet of herbs that will help create flavoring bases to work with. A list of exact materials will go out prior to the live class for students who want to start on these during the live session!
What We Send You: We send out a box prior to the workshop with ethically wildcrafted herbs and materials you will need for the workshop.