Herbal Medics Academy (HMA) offers a comprehensive Birthworker Training Program that combines a traditional doula education with an emphasis on herbal training and emergency birth worker skills. Students can also opt for our Doula Certification Program. Students cover an extensive course curriculum of prenatal, birth and postpartum Doula skills. This program also includes a full herbal curriculum with a focus on herbs during the childbearing year and unique preparation for service as an Emergency Birth Worker.
The primary subjects covered include:
- Week 1 Introduction to Doula Work
- Week 2 A & P for Doulas
- Week 3 Antepartum Doula Work
- Week 4 Labor and Birth
- Week 5 Birth Doula Work
- Week 6 Support in the Hospital Setting
- Week 7 Unusual Birth or Unplanned Outcomes
- Week 8 Postpartum Doula Work
- Week 9 Newborn Care beyond Diapers and Breastfeeding
- Week 10 Business of Being a Doula and Review
Mentoring with Doula Program Director. One-on-one mentoring via phone/Zoom Call/in person over the course of the year that it typically takes to complete the program.
Student will have full access to the online classroom throughout the course where recorded lectures, documents, videos and other class resources are posted throughout the course of the class. All material is available for download 30 days past the last class.