This is an interactive course and you do not have to be at our physical campus to take the course. It can be done from any place with an internet connection.
- Course duration: 3 weeks
- Registration deadline: June 15th, 2023
- Course start date: June 5, 2023
- Course extension: Available for an admin fee
This 3-week online course will help you refine and develop your formulating techniques for botanical medicine making. During this course, Sam Coffman will step through a history of formulation and arrive at his own pathophysiology-based formulation theory.
As a class, we will walk through actual case studies along with the follow-up and validate a formulation theory that can be used as a structural foundation for any and all clinical approaches to botanical medicine from a Western point of view.
Student will learn:
- Multiple approaches to creating botanical formulas in the clinic, the field or for the home herbalist.
- Dosage and toxicity will be a part of the learning structure as well.
- In addition to formulation theory, Sam will also share his formulas and derivatives for a starting point for many acute and chronic conditions that are common in American clinics.
- The online class will include formulation homework and quizzes to help assess student progress.
- A choice of case studies will be presented for students to formulate on as a practical exercise and final grade.