This is an interactive course and you do not have to be at our physical campus to take the course. It can be done from any place with an internet connection.
- Course duration: 24 hours of intensive materials
- Registration deadline: February 21, 2022
- Course start date: February 7, 2022
- Enrollee limit: 40 students
- Course extension: Available for an admin fee
This is for students to have even greater depth of training in certain specialty areas, followed by two live interaction sessions with instructors. These are designed for apothecarists that would like to create a product line, specialize in a certain area of herbal preparations, or to set up a home apothecary. This intensive will focus on GMP regulations, guidelines and documentation that herbalists need to know. This material is not included in the main online 12-week courses. There is no pre-requisite for this course.
This intensive will be offered with access to lessons, GMP templates, record-keeping binders, books and materials mailed out to enrolled students. This will be followed with a live interactive training session with instructors.
GMP For Medicine Makers: A critically important part of running an apothecary and making herbal medicine for resale is understanding federal guidelines and how to make sure your business is operating correctly. This intensive will cover all the guidelines for both internal and external products, as well as the paperwork templates you will need for your business and how to set everything up!
Enrolled students will receive access to the online classroom with GMP form templates, videos and tutorials on apothecary record-keeping, three binders for setting up a documentation system, as well as template samples and a resource book mailed to them.
We will have two live student study sessions to break down questions and understanding of GMP compliance for (internal) dietary supplement products and (external) cosmetic products.
Topics to be covered include:
- Intake of raw materials into the apothecary
- Correct record-keeping for raw materials, equipment and product containers
- Materials quarantine process
- Documentation for vendor-related issues
- Product recall protocol
- Documentation for the medicine-making process, from start to distribution
- Representative samples and how to organize these
- Documentation of wildcrafted raw materials
- Standard operating procedures in the apothecary
- Organolepsis for the Apothecarist
- The difference between ‘dietary supplements’ and ‘cosmetics’ in GMP
- Distribution processes and tracking of products
Who is this for? These online intensives are for anyone who wants advanced herbal medicine-making skills for home or business. Learn what is required for operating an herbal apothecary and running your own business. For those of you who have not been able to attend attend our information-packed intensives because of travel or work restrictions, now is the time!
International Shipping: There are additional costs involved with shipping course materials outside of the US. If you are located outside of the US, please contact us upon registration so we can help you with shipping arrangements. International students are responsible for the expense of shipping their own course materials.