This is an interactive course and you do not have to be at our physical campus to take the course. It can be done from any place with an internet connection.
- Course duration: 4 weeks
- Registration deadline: February 21, 2022
- Course start date: February 7, 2022
- Course extension: Available for an admin fee
Head, eyes, ears, nose throat (HEENT) account for a significant portion of the health issues seen in any herbal clinic.
This HEENT pathophysiology module is a 16-hour class online that covers anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of the most common disease processes encountered in these structures of the body.
Aside from the physiology of the region we will be working with the specific pathophysiologies encountered in many different acute and chronic HEENT issues. We will learn the “red flags” that indicate an issue needs higher definitive care, as well as a clearer understanding of what can be approached feasibly and successfully using herbalism.
As always, we will be presenting herbal protocols, case studies and a substantial herbal materia medica to work with in all of these issues.
- Ear infections (inner, middle & outer)]
- Eye infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, allergies)
- Neuropathy & neuropathology (i.e. Bell’s Palsy, meningitis)
- Sinus infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, allergies)
- Throat and upper respiratory infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, allergies)
This pathophysiology module is part of the Herbal Clinician program, but has no pre-requisites and can be taken by anyone.
Each pathophysiology module now includes an optional medicine making option for all students who want to participate, and we will send out a packet of herbs to students within the US. This will be an exercise that helps students to use their materia medica for the course and create a formula that is specific to what is learned in the course.
International shipping is not available – international students can request a list of the herbs we are shipping to source locally.