This is an interactive course and you do not have to be at our physical campus to take the course. It can be done from any place with an internet connection.
- Course duration: 8 hours
- Registration deadline: March 6th, 2023
- Course start date: February 20th, 2023
- Course extension: Available for an admin fee
Using plant medicine in the field is our trademark and our specialty. Add an additional 8 hours of training to your certification by learning about and showing proficiency using herbs in the field. Learn the essentials of first aid care while also introducing fundamental plant-medicine concepts that apply to austere or post-disaster environments.
Herbal medicine offers extremely effective approaches to acute illnesses in post disaster situations, offering relief to physical ailments while also supporting mental and body system health.
This module will include herbal field materials students will use to demonstrate understanding of preparations in remote environments.
Herbal First Aid subjects include:
- Fundamental herbal care concepts
- The necessary shift in thinking
- Wound Care and Infection Management using herbs
- Injury, shock, pain and herbs
- Respiratory herbal first response
- Gastrointestinal herbal first response
- Urinary herbal first response
- Planning, preparing and administering herbs
International Shipping: International shipping is unavailable for this course – students will be provided a list of materials so that they can source them locally!