Infuse your daily meals, spice rack and even condiments with nutrient-rich herbs that will complement healthy living and support your body systems, especially during times of stress!
With the rising awareness of fermented foods and herbal mocktails, more people are becoming aware of the important role herbs can play with our health. This 2-hour workshop will give guidance as we work through several formulas and recipes that can easily be added into your kitchen routine!
Students will learn:
- Two different hands-on recipes to create herbal fermentation formulations
- Different techniques used to effectively infuse milks, syrups, grain bases & more
- A materia medica of chosen herbs for their medicinal benefits
- Expanding your spice rack – what herbs are tasty and beneficial for cooking
- How to maximize locally available foods when in season with herbs to create nutrient dense meals
- An Apothecarist Recipe Log with pdf handouts of foraged and herbal-infused ideas to try out.
All preparations we make in this workshop are designed to be made in the home kitchen. Students will need basic kitchen gear like a saucepan/heat source, spoons, bowls, storing jars for the preparations, cheesecloth, strainers, etc. In addition, students will need to provide their own produce, oils or milks for infusions. A list of exact materials will go out prior to the live class for students who want to make their creations during the session!
What We Send You: We send out a box prior to the workshop with ethically wildcrafted herbs and materials you will need for making several formulas.