Learn how to make soothing chemical-free outdoor products that can be used after bee stings, fire ant bites, mosquito, biting flies and other buzzing outdoor pests. Many camping & outdoor products can contain ingredients that are harmful to humans and their pets, so lets talk about herbal alternatives that can be used without side effects!
In this workshop, we will cover how to make two outdoor products that will help you enjoy being in nature!
- We will create herbal outdoor products that can be used to protect and heal the skin from outdoor exposure to pests
- What are some of the most common bites and stings and what neurotoxins are present
- What are the common ways to deal with bee stings, spider and ant bites, mosquitos and biting flies?
- Learn about the side effects of commercial insect repellents and products
- What herbal options are less toxic but still effective
- Learn herbs that work to repel outdoor pests and which ones are good after a sting or bite
You will need: All preparations we make in this workshop are designed to be made in the home kitchen. Students will need basic kitchen gear like an oven/heat source, spoons, bowls, storage for preparations, baking supplies, etc. A list of exact materials will go out prior to the live class for students who want to make their creations during the session!
*Attendance to the live class is optional, as is making any of the preparations during class. Class will be recorded for students to view later.