“Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food” – Hippocrates
One of the simplest forms of creating herbal medicine is making tea infusions. In a matter of minutes, fragrant tea leaves, aromatic flowers and woodsy herbs can be combined and steeped into warm water to create infusions for health and vitality.
This workshop opens the door to the art of mixing medicinal herbs with fragrant plants and rich flavors – showing you how to make blends that anyone will love to drink!
Students will work with a wide botanical palette that will be filled with deeply fragrant blossoms, delicate spices, brightly dried fruits and smoky roots, berries and medicinal plants.
The workshop will cover :
- How to create flavor profiles and combinations
- Different types of tea leaves and how to weave them into your formulas
- How to mix bitter herbs into pleasing formulas
- Thinking outside the box: using spices, flowers, roots and fruits in your tea!
- Making blends that are powerful medicinal formulas