Building your own first aid kit can be a daunting task – trying to find the best pack to hold your gear, keep the weight manageable and have all the equipment you need in one place. It even becomes more complicated when you want to add herbal remedies to your first aid kit.
Do you know the essential equipment you must have in your kit?
Do you know the best type of packs to use for small, medium and large first aid kits?
What are the most important herbal first aid preparations to include in every kit and why?
Do you know how to improvise bandages, splits, packs and kitchen first aid herbs?
This is an 8-hour course that includes lectures, videos and resources on:
FIRST AID KIT CONTAINERS
- The top three items every kit MUST haves
- Improvisation – making a great herbal first aid kit from containers EVERY household has
- How a kit opens and why this is important
- Compartmentalizing: containers within containers
- Sizing and weight
- Car kits, work kits, go bags and mini (every day carry) kits
ESSENTIAL TRAUMA FIRST AID SUPPLIES
- Necessary bandaging equipment from minor to life-threatening
- Wound & burn management
- Sharps from A to Z
- Hydration, nutrition and recovery
- First aid improvisation: using materials on hand for your kit (and in emergencies when you have no kit)
MUST-HAVE HERBAL PREPARATIONS
- Infection control for respiratory, UTI, Gut and Skin
- Nervines/Adaptogens for anxiety and trauma
- Immune supportive herbs for medical emergencies
- Venomous bites and stings
- Salves and powders (which to use, when and contraindications)
- Working with herbs you probably have in your kitchen
The Herbal Medic First Aid Kit Course will include eight hours of lectures, resources for supplies and materials, slideshows and handouts. Students will also receive access to ‘The Top 25 herbs for the end of the world’ pdf and the ‘Building Your Own Herbal First Aid Guide’ pdf for download.
In addition, students will be mailed* two full-size glossy 11”x17” posters: “First Aid Kit Essentials” and “Herbs for Emergency First Aid”. One of these posters includes an organized and visual layout to help you understand what to pack in your first aid kit and how to organize it, whether you know nothing about first aid or you are a medical doctor. The other poster includes an organized structure that will help you pick the most essential herbs you need for your kit, with over 50 herbs spanning multiple health care issues from acute to chronic!
All course materials can be downloaded for personal future reference and use, and the posters will ship out on receipt of tuition.