During this 10-week on-line course (2 recorded interactive webinars each week, 1 live class, and downloadable class documents each week for a total of 30 classes) on how to keep children healthy with herbal medicines. We will cover everything from head lice to toe fungus from infants to adolescents. We will cover herbal protocols for common childhood issues, how to determine by observation and simple tools when a condition can be dealt with by herbs and when it necessitates a visit to the pediatrician.
The Pediatric Herbal Medicine course will cover:
– Wellness for Children – the physical exam for babies, toddlers and small children. Tips when working with children.
– Children’s Herbal Medicine Cabinet – a basic medicine chest of common remedies for kids.
– Compliance with Kids: Glycerines, teas, honeys, jello and other ways to make the medicine go down.
– Immunity/Infection/Fever and Herbal Remedies
– Common childhood disorders: signs/symptoms/causes medical model treatment/alternative health treatments and herbal remedies
– Diseases that inspire Vaccinations –common and not so common childhood diseases that we vaccinate against. Herbal and other resources.
– Rashes/Bumps/Boo-boos and other skin stuff
– Gut, respiratory, sleep and mood issues in children and herbal remedies
– Materia Medica for working with Children – including dosage, precautions and formulas for the Maternal Child Health Herbalist
– Although not required, an otoscope, a stethoscope and a child to practice on is helpful