In this 12 week online interactive course, students learn how to set up your own apothecary business. Whether it is a brick-and-mortar business, an online store, a pop-up venture or a farmer’s market stall – learn what you need to know to make exciting and unique herbal medicines. Build your apothecary from the ground up and create your own signature products!
This course covers a wide range of topics that include:
- Intermediate tincturing processes — refining and perfecting taste
- Advanced medicinal formulary work
- Working with fermentation and herbs
- Apothecary food safety for internal preparations
- How to set up an herbal LLC business
- Insurance for business owners
- Medicine making in your community
- Therapeutic tonics, honeys, vinegars and more
- Wildcrafting documentation and local sourcing
- How to set up an apothecary
- Flavor and syrups and shrubs
- Labeling, trademark and product plagiarism
- Do your first multi-fractional herbal extract!
- 12 classes packed full of hands-on medicine making or instruction
Students work with an herbal packet that is shipped to them. All Sunday night classes are live, but are recorded for students who may need to miss a class. It is recommended to have a basic foundation skill level with herbalism for this course.