This is an interactive course and you do not have to be at our physical campus to take the course. It can be done from any place with an internet connection.
- Course duration: 4 weeks
- Registration deadline: July 18, 2022
- Course start date: July 5, 2022
- Course extension: Available for an admin fee
Would you like to learn more about venomous bites and stings, and how to deal with them both in the field, at home and with the use of plant medicine?
Join us for this this 10+ hour, online course, jam-packed with information about venomous snakes, spiders, scorpions, bees, wasps, fire ants and more! Learn about the pathophysiology of different types of venom in the body, anaphylactic shock, mild to severe venom reactions, immediate first aid, red flags for orthodox care, how to deal with any worst case scenario using herbal medicine if there is no higher care, and much more.
This online course will cover:
- Medical red flags and emergencies
- Pathophysiology of venoms
- Botanical medicine and venom
- Anaphylaxis: orthodox and austere treatments (including botanical medicines)
- Venomous snakes of North America: everything you should know
- Bees, wasps, hornets — signs, symptoms and treatments
- Field first aid for venomous spider bites, signs and symptoms
- Field first aid and orthodox treatment for fire ant stings
- Field first aid for North American jellyfish stings
- Scorpion stings: from orthodox treatment to field first aid
- Herbal Case studies
- Herbal Materia Medica for venomous bites and stings
- A ‘Must-Have’ list for your field first aid kit (including botanical medicines)
In addition, students will be mailed a full-size glossy 11”x17” poster: “Herbs for Venomous Bites & Stings”. This poster includes an organized and visual layout to help you understand what to pack in your first aid kit for treatment of common venomous bites and stings in the field!